- To make the pasta dough: Combine the flour, eggs, and salt in a food processor or mixer, and pulse/mix to make a crumbly dough.
- Add the water a tablespoon at a time until the dough just comes together, and is slightly tacky, but not sticky.
- Knead the dough briefly, wrap it in plastic, and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Following the instructions on your pasta machine, roll the dough to the desired thickness. Alternatively you may roll the dough out by hand using a rolling pin; it's a soft enough dough that a pasta machine isn't required.
- To cook the pasta: bring 4 quarts salted water to a boil.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water, stir, then boil gently for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Drain the pasta through a colander, and refresh under cold running water to stop any further cooking.
- Continue to drain the pasta for 10 minutes or so, until it's thoroughly dried; then serve as desired.
Tips from our Bakers
- Uncooked pasta dough can be refrigerated, but should be used within 2 days.