- Combine the dry ingredients, oil, and 1 cup of water in a large bowl. Mix and knead until the dough is soft and smooth (about 5 minutes at medium speed in a stand mixer).
- Cover and let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until puffy-looking. Toward the end of the rise time, preheat the oven with a baking stone or steel in it to 450°F.
- Divide the dough in half and place each on a lightly oiled 12" pizza pan or a lightly greased piece of parchment.
- Press the dough with your hands into a thin, flat circle 12" in diameter. If the dough starts to shrink or snap back, cover and let rest for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Spread lightly with sauce and the toppings of your choice, taking care not to overload the thin crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Tips from our Bakers
- Our Perfect Pizza Blend is a good substitute for the flours in this recipe. Simply use 3 cups of the blend in place of the separate flours. The crust will puff up a bit more due to the baking powder in the blend. Want to skip the puff? Try our Pasta Blend instead. Who knew pasta flour can make great pizza crust, too?!
- This recipe relies heavily on durum and semolina for the crust's texture, crunch, and flavor. If you don't have these flours, try our Thin Crust Pizza using Italian-Style Flour or all-purpose flour, and bookmark this semolina/durum recipe for later.