- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, wheat germ, nuts, seeds, and milk powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the dry mixture in the bowl, stirring and tossing until everything is very well combined.
- Spread granola on a couple of large, lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 2 hours, tossing and stirring mixture every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove the pans from the oven and cool completely.
- Transfer the granola to a large bowl, and mix in raisins and additional dried fruit, as desired.