Corrections to our Sift Magazine 2015 Spring Issue
We hope you're happily paging through our newest publication and bookmarking some of the 60+ delicious recipes. Before you start baking, please note a few small corrections below to the printed recipes. Happy spring!
Premiere Issue: Spring 2015
- Page 12: Babka
- The headnotes are not a typo about "two types of chocolate," but you can add 1/2 chocolate chips to the filling if you wish.
- In To Shape the recipe states that the bread should be rolled starting from the long edge. The correct version should have it starting from the short edge.
- Page 27: Philadelphia Roast Pork Sandwich
- Nutritionals for the Philly Roast Pork Sandwich are incorrect. The correct information is:
- Nutrition information per serving (1 sandwich, 415g): 1002 calories, 70g protein, 71g carbohydrates, 47g fat, 4g fiber, 19g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 186mg cholesterol, 1583mg sodium, 5g sugars, 4mg vitamin C, 6mg iron, 579mg calcium.
- Page 32: Orange Sunshine Coffee Cake
- The dough instructions call for adding the water after the butter is melted. The correct version should call for orange juice, instead of water, as listed in the dough ingredients.
- The dough instructions call for adding all of the flour. It should call for 1 cup initially; 1 1/2 cups after the egg and salt, and then the remaining 1/4 cup should be used for flouring the surface for kneading. Please see the corrected version of the recipe online.
- Page 33: Lemon Meringue Bars
- The word "and" between egg and yolk should be omitted. All of the yolks go into the crust.
- Page 57: Honey Whole Wheat Biscuits
- The honey in the ingredients should be whisked in with the egg and buttermilk.
- Page 75: Maple Bran Muffins
- The ingredients list bran flakes, but don't say if it should be cereal. Cereal should, in fact, be used in this recipe.
- Page 84: Caramel Cake
- Syrup instructions call for 1/2 cup and 1 cup water. The correct amounts are 1/3 cup and 3/4 cup, as listed in the ingredients.
- To make the decorative caramel drizzle, double the caramel syrup. Reserve half and then artfully drizzle over the top of the finished cake, allowing it to cascade down the sides.
- Page 93: Raisin-Pecan Rye Bread
- This line is missing from the directions: "Preheat the oven to 350°F."