1) In a large bowl mix together the nut butter, oats, honey, dry milk and vanilla.
2) Using 2 cups total as your guideline, add in your mix-ins. If you are using chia seeds or poppy seeds, use only about 1 tablespoon as part of your mix-ins. Chia seeds especially can cause gastric distress if consumed in too large a quantity.
3) Use your hands to blend and mix together all the ingredients. If the mixture is a bit dry, you can add more honey; add more oats if the mixture is a bit too sticky. This "recipe" is very flexible; consider it simply a starting point.
4) Using your hands, two spoons or a tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough out to the size of ping-pong balls. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan to rest and firm up for about 20 minutes.
5) Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. These are great for breakfast with a glass of milk or juice.
Yield: Approximately 2 dozen bites.
A nonfat dried milk from a grocery store would work, or you could try a coconut milk powder. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF