1) Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
2) Combine all of the ingredients except the cheese and garlic, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
3) Add the cheese and garlic, beating gently just to combine.
4) Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
5) While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
6) Sprinkle the dough with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
7) Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
8) Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
9) To make crunchy bread sticks: Cut day-old bread into 1/2" slices. Lay the slices on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake them in a preheated 350°F to 400°F oven till they're a light golden brown and crunchy, 15 to 25 minutes or so; keep your eye on them, as they brown quickly towards the end.
Yield: about 12 to 18 servings bread; or about fifty 6 1/2" bread sticks.