1) Beat the eggs and butter or vegetable oil together until completely combined and smooth. Stir in the yogurt.
2) Whisk the dry ingredients together.
3) Gently and quickly mix into the egg and yogurt mixture. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes, while the griddle is heating; it'll thicken slightly.
4) Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, or set an electric griddle to 350°F. Lightly grease the pan or griddle; it's ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
5) Drop 1/3-cupfuls of batter onto the griddle. If the batter appears too thick, add the extra milk, water, or apple juice to thin it.
6) Cook pancakes on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, then turn the cakes and cook on the other side until brown. Turn over only once.
7) Serve immediately, with butter and syrup if desired.
Yield: 2 dozen 3" pancakes.