1) Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2) Measure all the dry ingredients into an 8" or 9" round or square cake pan; if you use an 8" pan, make sure it's at least 2" deep. Blend the ingredients together thoroughly with a fork or whisk and scoop out two holes, or indentations.
3) Pour the vanilla into the first hole and the vegetable oil into the second. Take the tomato juice and pour it directly over everything in the pan. Stir everything together with your fork until they are well blended. Stir in the fruit/nuts of your choice.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5) Bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove it from the oven, and serve right from the pan.
Yield: 9 servings.