1) Mix the flour, spices, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2) Add the sugar and pumpkin, blending thoroughly.
3) Stir in the syrup and milk. Allow the mixture to rest for 30 to 60 minutes at room temperature; or up to overnight in the refrigerator, if desired; this allows the flavors to meld, and will make the filling smoother.
4) Add the beaten eggs, whisking till combined.
5) Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Cover the edge of the crust with a crust shield, or aluminum foil.
6) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
7) Place the pie on the bottom rack of your oven, and bake it for 15 minutes.
8) Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, move the pie to the middle rack, and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until the temperature at the center is at least 175°F, and a knife inserted 1" from the edge comes out moist, but clean.
9) Remove the pie from the oven, and cool to room temperature (or chill) before serving. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 1 pie, about 8 to 10 servings.