Gluten-Free Deep Dark Fudgy Brownies
Measure for Measure Flour has the taste, texture, and performance of regular flour. It's especially good in cookies, cakes, muffins, quickbreads, gravy, white sauce, pancakes, brownies, and scones.
|YOU'LL NEED||OUNCES||GRAMS||BAKER'S %||10.75 OZ FLOUR||5 LBS FLOUR||25 LBS FLOUR||50 LBS FLOUR|
|1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free
Measure for Measure Flour
|4.25||120||100||10.75 oz||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa||2||56.7||47.1||5 oz||2 lbs, 5.75 oz||11 lbs, 12.25 oz||23 lbs, 9.5 oz|
|1 3/4 cups granulated sugar||12.25||347||288||5 oz||14 lbs, 6.75 oz||72 lbs, 1 oz||144 lbs, 2 oz|
|3/4 teaspoon salt||0.13||3.75||3.06||1 lb, 14.75 oz||2.5 oz||12.25 oz||1 lb, 8.5 oz|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder||0.07||2||1.65||0.16 oz||1.33 oz||6.67 oz||13.33 oz|
|3 large eggs||5.3||150||125||13.25 oz||6 lbs, 3.75 oz||31 lbs, 3 oz||62 lbs, 6 oz|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil||3.5||99.2||82.4||8.75 oz||4 lbs, 1.75 oz||20 lbs, 9.38 oz||41 lbs, 2.75 oz|
|2 teaspoons water||1||28.4||23.5||2.5 oz||1 lb, 2.75 oz||5 lbs, 14 oz||11 lbs, 12 oz|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" or 9" square pan or half-sheet pan.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add 1-2 cups of nuts or chips, if desired.
3. Stir in eggs, oil, and water, mixing until evenly blended. Spoon mixture into pan, smoothing the top.
4. Bake for 45 minutes for 8" pan, 35 minutes for 9" pan, or 28 minutes for half-sheet pan. A cake tester inserted into center will come out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
5. Cool on rack for 1 hour before slicing.
4.25 ounces of flour bakes one 8"-9" square pan
10.75 ounces of flour bakes 1 half-sheet pan
5 pounds of flour bakes about 7 half-sheet pans or nineteen 8"-9" square pans
25 pounds of flour bakes about 38 half-sheet pans or ninety-four 8"-9" square pans
50 pounds of flour bakes about 75 half-sheet pans or one hundred eighty-eight 8"-9" square pans
Tips from our Bakers
- This flour is best suited for non-yeasted recipes. Directly swap the amount of all-purpose flour called for with the same amount of Measure for Measure flour: No need for additional specialty ingredients. Works beautifully in your favorite recipes, whether you're substituting just a few ounces of conventional flour or several cups.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.