- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To make the crust: Blend the crust ingredients, and press into the bottom and sides of an 8" or 9" pie pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, then bake for 8 to 10 minutes; the crust won't change much, just become slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling: Combine the pastry cream filling mix with milk, cream, and flavorings. Stir until blended, then beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in the toasted shredded coconut, and spoon the filling into the cooled pie shell.
- To make the topping: Combine the cream, sugar, ClearJel, and flavorings, whipping until fluffy. Spoon or pipe onto the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Garnish with toasted large-flake coconut, if desired, and serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Tips from our Bakers
- No pastry cream filling mix? Prepare one small box of vanilla instant pudding mix as directed on the box, using heavy cream in place of one of the cups of milk. The cream will make the pudding taste much richer.