- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, water, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in the bittersweet chocolate.
- Scoop the dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, flattening the balls slightly with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 11 to 13 minutes. Remove them from the oven and cool completely on the pan; they’re very fragile while still warm.
- Store cookies, well wrapped, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.