- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, banana, orange juice or water. and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Mix in the nuts, if you're using them.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Bake the bread for 55 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean; and that same tester inserted about 1/2" into the top of the loaf doesn't encounter any totally unbaked batter.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. When it's completely cool, wrap it well in plastic wrap, and store it overnight before serving.