- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease six individual 1-cup bakers.
- To make the cake: Whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon bits or chips, lemon powder, baking powder, salt, and buttermilk powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter with the eggs and milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared bakers.
- To make the sauce: heat the water and butter until the butter melts.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, flour, lemon powder, and sugar.
- Whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble the cakes: slowly divide the sauce among the bakers; it may take some time to settle, but you'll use it all.
- Bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes, until they're lightly browned and beginning to shrink away from the edges of the pans. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Tips from our Bakers
- To make this in a 9" round pan instead of individual bakers, prepare as directed, spooning the batter into the lightly greased pan, then very gently drizzling the sauce on top. Bake for about 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve right out of the pan.