- Combine all of the ingredients, mixing and kneading them together to form a smooth, slightly sticky dough, adding more flour or water as needed.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased surface, shape it into a 8" x 4" log, and put it into a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" bread pan, gently flattening it to fill the pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the loaf to rise until it's crested about 1" over the rim of the pan.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 375°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, tenting with foil after about 20 minutes to prevent over-browning. Remove from the oven when it's golden brown, and its interior temperature registers 190°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- After 5 minutes, turn it out of the pan onto a rack to cool.