- Preheated the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing until everything is well combined.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here) onto lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" between each ball of dough.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container, at room temperature, for several days. If you want to keep them very soft and chewy, store them with a brown sugar saver. Freeze for longer storage.