- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" cake pan and line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the milk solids start to caramelize and smell toasty. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Measure for Measure flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, rose water, orange zest, and cooled butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let ite cool in the pan for a few minutes. Invert it onto a cooling rack to finish cooling completely. Before serving, dust the top with confectioners' sugar and sprinkle the edges with rose petals and chopped pistachios.
- Store any leftovers at room temperature, well wrapped, for several days. Freeze for longer storage.